Catba island 3 days 2 nights (1 night at hotel in Catba town + 1 night on Venezia cruises)
Day 1 : Hanoi – Haiphong (Beo Harbour) – Catba town
07:10 You will be collected from Hanoi Old Quarter to take the highway to Catba town, Haiphong, where you arrive at around 11:00.
You have free time to visit Catba town. The check - in time of the hotel is at 14:00 pm.
Before/After checking - in our partner hotel, you can rent a motorbike in Cat Ba Town or at the hotel and explore the island on your own. There are many scenic roads and viewpoints that are worth checking out.
Here are some things you can do in Cat Ba Town:
- Explore Cat Ba National Park: This park covers a large area of Cat Ba Island and features a variety of hiking trails, caves, and wildlife. It's a great place to explore nature and get some exercise. Trung Trang cave, Hospital Cave are 2 out of many great places you should not miss.
- Visit Cannon Fort: This fort was built by the French in the early 20th century and offers great views of the surrounding area. Getting up here, you can have the whole view of Cai Beo village below.
- Relax on the beach: Cat Ba Island has several beaches (Cat co 1 and 3) that are great for swimming and sunbathing. You can rent a lounge chair and umbrella, or just bring a towel and relax on the sand. There is also a coastal bridge that connects Cat Co 1 and Cat Co 3. Walk, enjoy the fresh air and forget all the stress in the modern life.
- Try local seafood: Cat Ba Island is known for its fresh seafood, especially its crab and shrimp. There are many restaurants in Cat Ba Town that serve delicious seafood dishes. Also, go the Tung Dinh lake and try some beers, too.
Day 2: Halong Bay – Lan Ha Bay (Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner)
You have free time in the island until 11:00 and then you check out the hotel in Catba town.
11:20 Our driver/ tour guide will come to pick you up at your hotel then drop you at our cruise harbour (Beo harbour)
11:45: Transfer by tender to the Venezia cruises.
12:15: We welcome our guests onboard the cruise and then check in, enjoy Welcome Drink, receive cruise brief and safety instruction by crew member and Cruise Manager.
12:30: We have lunch before continuing our journey via the islets. These amazing limestone karst formations rise up out of the sea in an impressive manner. This area is untouched, as not many cruise ships use the route via the Cat Ba Island – Coc Ngoi islet – through Cua Dong to Ba Trai Dao area.
14:30: The Cruise sails through Lan Ha Bay. The area is surrounding of extraordinary limestone karsts landscapes. You can start your journey to visit Dark & Bright Cave and islets by kayaking which is a wild and mysterious beauty in the middle of the World Heritage, enjoy swimming in the crystal clear waters of the Bay.
15:20: Just enjoy a swim. This is a great experience, immersed in the crystal clear waters of the bay.
17:45: Returning your Venezia Cruises boat you can watch the magnificent sunset over the Gulf of Tonkin. Onboard you may join a traditional cooking class. Our chef will instruct you in the making of some Vietnam dishes. In the early evening the boat has it’s Happy Hour deal.
19:00 Dinner is served. Enjoy delicious local food prepared and served for you by our wonderful onboard catering staff. This is a delightful meal in an intimate romantic setting.
21:00: Enjoy the landscape of the bay at night up on the top deck. Relax whilst enjoying drinks from the bar. Try your hand at night squid fishing, enjoy the funny Karaoke time with friends and family. Overnight on Venezia Cruises.
23:00: End of Day 2 program.
Day 3: Viet Hai Village – Lan Ha Bay – Ha Noi (Breafast + Luch)
06:00 Begin your new day with a Cup of coffee , taking photos, or enjoy the sunrise from your cabin window.
Enjoy a light breakfast in the delighted and peaceful beauty of the bay
08:00 Transfer to a tender to visit Viet Hai Village on Cat Ba Island and hop on a bicycle ride (electric car also available) through a rainforest tunnel that leads to a village nestled in a valley deep in a national park. Meet, visit a traditional house, and greet local inhabitants doing their daily work, see their homes and the village school.
Return to Venezia Cruises boat for check-out procedures.
10:45: Whilst cruising back you can enjoy a delightful lunch.
11:45: We return to the quay side in the south of the bay, where our visitors disembark.
12:00: We bid farewell at the port, this is the end of the program. We hope you have enjoyed your time with us and wish you a safe onward journey.
15:45: Back to your drop-off point in Hanoi. Finish!
+ The price is per person.
+ If you need a bus to Ninh Binh after cruise trip, please contact us to customize (Jan: +84 98 1926 108)
1) At hotel in Catba town:
- Double/ Twin room at our partner hotel in Catba town + breakfast
2) On board (Venezia cruises):
- Deluxe Cabins with A/C and en-suite Bathrooms
- All meals on board
- Complimentary bottled water in the cabin
- Welcome drink
- Entrance and sightseeing fees
- Cooking demonstration
- Squid Fishing
- English speaking guide
- Bus Hanoi - Catba
- Bus Catba - Hanoi
- Tips & Others Personal Expenses
- All other services not clearly mentioned in Inclusions
The program may be subject to change depending on weather conditions or specific tides without announcing to visitors in advance.
Time in the schedule is only relative. The specific time will be announced by our tour guide on the day of departure.
All activities are included in the program. Guests can choose to relax themselves and enjoy the scenery on board, without having to fully participate in activities above.